Friday, July 23, 2010

Vintage Treasure Spots in Paris

So it has been almost a week since I have left Paris, but since I have finished unpacking,  I have been incorporating my vintage parisian pieces into my summer wardrobe and I love that it 1. gives any outfit I wear a certain novelty and 2. makes me feel as though a part of Paris is always with me.

Some amazing places to go treasure hunting:

Le Marais
Rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie
From antique hats, to discount designer threads to thrift stores, this street is affordable and makes hunting for vintage pieces super fun!  My favorite store was Freepstar- a thrift shop that carries vintage LV and Chanel. Tons of Fur vests and coats for 30 euros, Burberry Trenches for 50 euros and an amazing collection of belts, jean shirts and vests, floral dresses and vintage boots. Aside from the affordable price-tag, it also has a lot of options for all seasons. Just be sure to go early in the day since it gets really cramped during the afternoon. I am really in love with the vintage LV i scored for 20 euros (the zipper was broken on one side and the lining was old- nothing a leather store can't fix :))



Le Marche aux Puces- Porte de Clignancourt
I really love the Marche Dauphine- a two story vintage market that has consingment stores, poster stores, jewelry and furniture shops. My favorite finds were two vintage belts I got for 10 euros and a vintage necklace and glass earrings I bought as presents for my friends.  Make sure to wear comfortable and light clothes because most of the stores do not have changing rooms so you will have to try on that Celine dress in the middle of the store. Also many of the stores are really poorly organized, therefore you have to really have a good idea to find that perfect accessory. However, it is also a very good opportunity to get a good bargain and add history to you outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment